Last night, I was too excited and I just had to fill my empty palette, I had a bunch of nyx pigments that i had got off of ebay a while back, and i wanted to press them because i was sick of so much fallout when using them! plus the packaging is horrible!!
I also de-potted some of my shadows and re-potted them
I will say that it did not turn out the way I had hoped, some of my shadows did that i had de-potted but the nyx pigments are still super soft - well you'll see.
Here is the link that gave me the idea and which i had followed from! I used two tsps. of pigment and 1 tsp of alcohol
1) Gather Supplies - you need pigments, rubbing alcohol, a small spoon, a small bowl, and empty palette refills.
2) Take your pigment and pour it into the small bowl - I used 2 tsps.
3) Pour 1 tsp. alcohol into the pigment
4) Mix the pigment and alcohol together until smooth
5) Pour your mix into your empty palette refill (this is the only step I dont have a picture for) - - If it is bumpy or has waves i picked it up and gently tapped it on the table. it worked well to make the mix even and smooth.
6) Now you need to let it sit overnight - 24 hours so that the alcohol evaporates - Then it is ready to be pressed! =)
7) I used a quarter and a piece of toilet paper to press mine - the quarter fit perfectly into my empty refill. You need to press it REALLY hard - you could even use clamps for this!!
8) And you're done!!
Now, after I pressed all my shadows - I wanted to test them out a bit. I found that my nyx pigments were still very soft and when i very gently put my brush on it it kind of fell apart
It was the first turquoise color!
But when i used the shadows that I de-potted they didnt crack or break, so i wonder if its just the pigments.
What do you think? What could I have done better to make them more solid?